Анастасия Санкова
+7 (495) 947-67-85 +7 (916) 326-34-14

Регистрация    Вход    Форум    Поиск    FAQ

Страница 1 из 1 [ 1 сообщение ] 

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Martinez said the team ”bleached” t
 Сообщение Добавлено: 09 окт 2018, 09:53 

The Boston Red Sox rolled through the pre-All-Star game portion of their schedule piling up wins. Now Authentic Mats Zuccarello Jersey , they’ll have a few days to sit back, relax and enjoy their historic start.

Xander Bogaerts homered in his first at-bat a day after hitting a walk-off grand slam and drove in two runs, leading the Red Sox past the Toronto Blue Jays 5-2 on Sunday to enter the break with their best record since 1949.

”I think we did great. I think the record shows,” Red Sox All-Star outfielder Mookie Betts said. ”We were pretty much in every game, had a chance to win every game and we won a lot of them.”

Brock Holt also drove in two runs for the AL East-leading Red Sox (68-30), who own the major league’s best record and have won 12 of their last 13 games. They lead the Yankees by 4 1/2 games going into the break.

”Anytime you’re winning you’re having fun,” Boston outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr. said. ”Just keep winning and you’ll keep going good.”

Betts went 0 for 3, lowering his major league-leading batting average to .359, and fellow-All Star J.D. Martinez enters the break with 29 homers and an MLB best 80 RBIs.

Teoscar Hernandez hit a two-run homer for the Blue Jays (43-52). Toronto’s dropped seven of 10 and fell to 3-10 against the Red Sox this season.

”Just to reset. I think that’s the mindset of anyone,” losing pitcher Marcus Stroman said before storming off later in the interview after a question from a reporter. ”Even if you’re playing well, it’s definitely good to get the break to kind of get away from the game, clear your head and hopefully come back and put some wins together.”

Stroman was upset when asked him about pitching at a field in Vancouver, Canada.

Brandon Workman (2-0) Peyton Manning Jersey , the first of five relievers, struck out the only batter he faced in the fifth after starter Brian Johnson was pulled with the score tied.

All-Star closer Craig Kimbrel got the final three outs for his 30th save, his eighth straight season with 30 or more. Johnson gave up two runs in 4 2/3 innings.

Bradley’s RBI double against Stroman (2-7) pushed Boston ahead 3-2 in the fifth, and he scored on Bogaerts run-scoring grounder off Stroman’s foot.

Holt’s second RBI single made it 5-2 an inning later.

Bogaerts, whose 10th-inning slam on Saturday gave Boston a 6-2 win, homered on the third pitch he saw, sending it completely out of Fenway Park over the Green Monster for his 16th of the season in the first. Holt’s RBI single made it 2-0 in the inning.

Hernandez’s shot went over the Monster in the third.

Stroman gave up four runs, three earned, on five hits in five innings.

SPECIAL TIMES

Going to the All-Star game will have special meaning for Kimbrel, who is planning to take his 8-month-old daughter and his wife, Ashley, on the trip to Washington D.C.

”Yeah, it is http://www.dallascowboysteamonline.com/anthony-brown-jersey ,” said Kimbrel of his seventh All-Star selection in the clubhouse Sunday morning. ”It’s been a busy day trying to get everything ready.”

Kimbrel’s daughter, Lydia Joy, had two open-heart surgeries shortly after her birth, the second causing him to miss most of spring training.

First-timer Mitch Moreland has a different reason with his 5-year-old son, Crue.

”I think the biggest thing over the years is watching the Home Run Derby, the guys having their kids with them out on the field,” he said. ”I’m looking forward to doing that with my son, my oldest, and I think he’s looking forward to that, too.”

Lefty ace Chris Sale rounds out Boston’s five All Stars.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Blue Jays: Placed CF Kevin Pillar on the 10-day disabled list with a sternoclavicular joint injury suffered making a diving catch and rolling over Saturday. … INF Lourdes Gurriel Jr. was also placed on the 7-day concussion DL after sliding headfirst into first and colliding with Boston pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez’s leg.

Red Sox: DH Steve Pearce did some early-morning running on the field and was back in the lineup after missing two games with a bruised left shin from getting hit by a pitch on Thursday. . ..Rodriguez went on the 10-day DL with a sprained right ankle, opening a spot for Johnson, who was activated after a stint on the DL with left hip inflammation.

”There’s some serious damage in the ankle, no surgery required http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/micah-hyde-jersey ,” manager Alex Cora said about Rodriguez. ”He’s going to have a boot for two weeks and we’ll evaluate to see where he’s at, no surgery, that sounds promising.”

UP NEXT

Blue Jays: Open their post-break schedule with the first of three at home against Baltimore on Friday.

Red Sox: Begin a three-game series in Detroit on Friday.

Nationals manager Dave Martinez acknowledged he was looking for someone who could end the game with one swing in the ninth inning Friday night.

He chose the right guy.

Pinch-hitter Mark Reynolds led off the bottom of the ninth with a home run that lifted the Nationals past the Miami Marlins 3-2.

”Thought about pinch-hitting Michael (A. Taylor). He gets on, he can steal, but then what?” Martinez said. ”So I said, `Hey, we need somebody who can hit a home run right now and Mark is the perfect guy.”’

Kyle Barraclough (0-3) fell behind Reynolds in the count 3-0. Reynolds, who is 7 for his last 18 after struggling for most of June, fouled off a pitch. The Nationals slugger then sent a fastball into the visitors’ bullpen in left-center for his eighth home run.

”If I’m up there and it’s 0-2, I’m obviously not looking to turn on something,” he said. ”I knew 3-0 I was going to take a hack and then (he) pretty much threw the same pitch 3-1 and I kind of got my timing a little bit.”

Four Nationals relievers combined to allow only a hit and a walk over the final four innings. Sean Doolittle (3-2) pitched the ninth for the win as Washington defeated Miami for the 13th consecutive game dating to last season.

The Nationals loaded the bases with no outs in the eighth, but failed to score.

Unlike Thursday night when Washington overcame a 9-0 deficit for a 14-12 win, big hits were harder to come by as the teams stranded 17 baserunners.

Miami starter Dan Straily lasted six innings http://www.greenbaypackersteamonline.com/davon-house-jersey , allowing two runs on five hits.

Gio Gonzalez threw 114 pitches over five innings and gave up eight hits and four walks. He was bailed out by three double plays and struck out Justin Bour and Garrett Cooper with the bases loaded in the fifth after walking in the tying run.

”I thought our offense did a pretty good job with Gio,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. ”We just didn’t really capitalize. . Didn’t get anything in the fourth and one in the fifth with chances to do more damage and didn’t do anything right there. I thought that was kind of the turning point for us.”

The Nationals took a 2-1 lead in the fourth on RBI singles by Adam Eaton and Wilmer Difo.

WALKING OFF

It was Reynolds’ second career walk-off home run, and first since July 26, 2016, vs. Arizona as a member of the Colorado Rockies. It was Washington’s first walk-off home run of the season.

FULL EXTENSION

With two outs in the sixth and Eaton on second base, Difo hit a shot to right-center. Center fielder Cameron Maybin raced to his left and made a diving catch to preserve a 2-2 tie. ”Unreal,” Straily said. ”I saw my reaction and it was one of those things where I was upset at myself for giving up a double in the gap there and all the sudden he lays out and catches it.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Marlins: Cooper (right wrist contusion) was activated from the 60-day disabled list. Miami optioned LHP Dillon Peters (2-2, 7.16 ERA) to Triple-A New Orleans to make room on the roster.

Nationals: Martinez said RHP Stephen Strasburg (right shoulder inflammation) ”looked real good” throwing a simulated game Friday and could possibly go out on a rehab assignment Tuesday. … C Matt Wieters (left hamstring strain) will likely play a rehab game at Double-A Harrisburg on Saturday. … RHP Joe Ross (elbow surgery) threw a simulated game Friday and hopes to rejoin the team in September. … Martinez said the team ”bleached” the clubhouse due to an illness that has affected a few players.

UP NEXT

Marlins: LHP Wei-Yin Chen (2-5, 5.55) has a 9.85 ERA in seven road starts this season. Against Washington, he’s 1-5 with a 4.15 ERA over nine career appearances.

Nationals: RHP Max Scherzer (10-5, 2.16) looks for his first win since June 5. He’s 8-3 with a 3.39 ERA in 15 starts versus the Marlins.

Cheap Atlanta Falcons Jerseys

Страница 1 из 1 [ 1 сообщение ]