Анастасия Санкова
+7 (495) 947-67-85 +7 (916) 326-34-14

Регистрация    Вход    Форум    Поиск    FAQ

Страница 1 из 1 [ 1 сообщение ] 

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: ying to steal second. Rutledge star
 Сообщение Добавлено: 05 янв 2018, 12:15 

LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. is enough of a businessman to know his latest fight would be a tough sell, especially after setting records with Canelo Alvarez his last time out. But sell he must, even though oddsmakers and nearly everyone else give Marcos Maidana little chance in their welterweight title fight Saturday night. A full house is already guaranteed at the MGM Grand hotel arena, but Mayweather needs people at home to pay $64.95 for the fight if he is going to recoup his guaranteed $32 million purse. So Mayweather hinted this week that this might be his last fight, though few in boxing believe that. He also said he planned to stand in front of Maidana and trade punches with the hard-hitting Argentine, though his history in the ring suggests he wont. Oh, and he wants to score a knockout, something hes done only once in the last seven years. "I want to look impressive," Mayweather said. "I want to put on a good show. We dont expect this fight to go the distance." Mayweather returns to the ring for the first time since dominating Alvarez in boxings richest bout, taking on Maidana in a fight that even Mayweather seems to have trouble expressing much enthusiasm about. Hes a bigger, much more skilled fighter than the Argentine, just part of the reason oddsmakers make him a 11-1 pick to remain undefeated in the 46th fight of a pro career that has made him the richest fighter ever. Still, Mayweather (45-0, 26 knockouts) says he has to be wary of the power Maidana brings into the ring. "Hes got an 80 per cent knockout ratio so I cant go to sleep on this guy," he said. "But guys cant go to the mental level Im at. I can beat them many ways." The fight is part of a pay-per-view card that features former champion Amir Khan moving up to welterweight to fight another former champion in Luis Collazo. Khan had campaigned to be Mayweathers opponent and won an online poll set up by Mayweather, who ended up picking Maidana instead. If Khan is impressive, though, and Mayweather wins as expected, the two could meet later this year. "I would have loved to fight Floyd Mayweather, but I believe its really for the best," Khan said. "It gives me a chance to get to 147 and feel my way." Maidana (35-3, 31 knockouts) earned the fight with a strong showing in his last bout, twice knocking down Adrien Broner on his way to a decision win in December. Though Maidana hits hard, he will be up against a fighter who is such a defensive wizard that he rarely gets hit with more than one punch in any exchange. "Its very difficult to land a punch against Mayweather," Maidana said. "But when I land a punch Im going to hit him and not let him go. I will go after him." Mayweather, who weighed in Friday at 146 pounds to 146 1/2 for Maidana, said he welcomes the challenge after easily beating Alvarez last September in a fight that was supposed to be his toughest test. "If he brings his best maybe he will be the first guy that actually makes me dig in my bag of tricks and pull out my A game," Mayweather said. "Hopefully he will make me bring out my A game because my whole career all I had to use was a D and C game to beat every guy." If the Alvarez fight showed anything other than Mayweathers talent for making money -- and tons of it -- it was that a conventional fighter stands little chance against him. Hes been dodging punches since before he could walk, and hes a wizard at exploiting whatever weakness he finds in the fighter in front of him. "I can feel when a guys gonna punch. I can feel it," Mayweather said. "I dont even have to see it; I can feel it. You know, this is just with experience and being around the sport so long." Maidana says he can become the first to beat Mayweather because he will be the first to treat him just like any other fighter in the ring. "Other fighters they show respect, they show fear," he said. "Thats one thing I wont show against Mayweather." Yonder Alonso Jersey . -- The Chicago Bears say they have agreed to a one-year contract with centre Roberto Garza. Robinson Cano Jersey . -- Ryan Millers debut for the St. http://www.baseballmarinersofficial.com ... d-c-3/.com) - Fair Grounds commences its road to the Kentucky Derby Saturday with the 71st running of the $200,000 Lecomte Stakes. Ken Griffey Jersey . Instead, Nonis and Kessel were sorting through the fallout of a wild melee with the Buffalo Sabres, one that saw Kessel suspended for the duration of the pre-season. Edgar Martinez Jersey . He had spent 16 days on the disabled list before being activated Thursday. He was batting just .203 when he came to bat in the 11th inning on Sunday.SAN FRANCISCO -- Madison Bumgarner just missed clearing the fences his first time up, hitting a sacrifice fly to the warning track in left field. The pitcher left no doubt the second time he faced Colorado Rockies starter Jorge De La Rosa. Bumgarner hit a grand slam and drove in a career-high five runs to overcome a shaky outing on the mound, sending the San Francisco Giants to a 6-5 victory Friday night. Bumgarner hit a sacrifice fly off De La Rosa in the third inning, then connected for a towering home run in the fourth. It was Bumgarners third career homer and only the second grand slam by a Giants pitcher since the team relocated from New York to San Francisco in 1958. "They dont really expect a whole lot out of pitchers so we get to go up there with no pressure," Bumgarner said. "Its easier to hit that way, but at the same time its the hardest thing to do in sports." Shawn Estes is the only other San Francisco pitcher to hit a grand slam. He did it against Montreal on May 24, 2000, in an 18-0 blowout of the Expos. Bumgarners homer came with the Giants trailing 3-1, and his five RBIs wound up being the difference in the game. "Thats quite a night," San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said. "He wasnt quite as sharp (on the mound) but he found a way to win the game and he did it with his bat. Good for him." Brandon Crawford added two hits and scored twice for the Giants. Carlos Gonzalez homered for Colorado, which played short-handed after injuries sidelined two of its top hitters. "Any time youre facing Bumgarner you know its going to be a tough at-bat," Gonzalez said. "He threw me a 3-2 curveball and theres no way Im sitting on it. I just reacted ... but things changed after that." Bumgarner (2-0) struck out seven and walked two in six erratic innings. He allowed nine hits and appeared headed for a short night until the Giants scored five runs in the fourth. His home run came on a day when both teams were minus key players. Troy Tulowitzkis sore quadriceps kept him out of Colorados starting lineup. He pinch-hit in the ninth and struck out looking against closer Sergio Romo to end the game. The Rockies also werre without catcher Wilin Rosario, who hurt his left wrist while sliding during Wednesdays 8-1 win against the Chicago White Sox.dddddddddddd San Francisco played with a jumbled lineup as Bochy rested catcher Buster Posey and centre fielder Angel Pagan. There were still plenty of offensive fireworks. Gonzalez hit a two-run shot off Bumgarner in the third to put the Rockies up 3-0. The ball landed in McCovey Cove, the second time Colorados slugger has reached the waters beyond AT&T Park. Bumgarner, a right-handed batter, came a few feet shy of homering off De La Rosa (0-2) in the third and hit a sacrifice fly to drive in Crawford, who led off the inning with a triple. There was no doubt about Bumgarners drive in the fourth. He sent De La Rosas first pitch deep into the left field stands for his first home run since 2012. De La Rosa, Colorados opening day starter, failed to make it out of the fifth for the third consecutive start. He struck out six and walked two. "It looked like his command got away from him," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "He had his A game early, then it got away from him." Bumgarner wasnt sharp either and laboured most of the game. He threw 112 pitches and gave up four runs, ending a streak of 21 consecutive starts in which he allowed three earned runs or fewer. Colorado cut it to 6-5 on Charlie Blackmons pinch-hit single off reliever Santiago Casilla in the eighth but made two baserunning blunders. Blackmon strayed too far off second and was thrown out after Casilla made a nice play to spear Jordan Pachecos fielders choice. Pacheco then got doubled up when San Francisco centre fielder Juan Perez caught DJ LeMahieus flyball and threw to first. Romo struck out the side in the ninth for his third save. The Rockies went up 1-0 in the first when leadoff hitter Brandon Barnes singled and later scored from third while Josh Rutledge was caught trying to steal second. Rutledge started in place of Tulowitzki and went 3 for 4. NOTES: Gonzalez has five career home runs off Bumgarner, the most given up by the San Francisco lefty. ... LHP Brett Anderson (0-2) pitches Saturday against San Francisco RHP Matt Cain (0-1). Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Страница 1 из 1 [ 1 сообщение ]